Kidney disease is termed as “silent” disease because it is often ignored by many of us as no symptoms appear at the start before they get diagnosed. When both kidneys fail to work, they cannot filter the wastes which result in nausea, vomiting, fatigue and itching leading to complete weakness. There are several hospitals offering kidney treatments containing dialysis and transplantation. Indian clinics are well known for health care at low cost as compared to general hospitals, so Indian clinics attract most of the international patients.
Fast revival is promised from Indian hospital combined with a pleasant and suitable, caring atmosphere. The rooms provided in the hospitals are well furnished with all facilities. Some of the best hospitals in India for kidney treatments are Apollo Hospitals, Maniple hospital, AIMS, Christian medical college. Other well-known hospitals which attract most of the international patients are Max Hospital, Fortis, Wockhardt Hospitals Group in association with Harvard Medical International.
These are the best known well-equipped hospitals in India with latest infrastructures and high-quality world class technologies & equipment. Such hospitals are screwed with highly qualified and experienced Nephrologists, Urologists and surgeons, most of them qualified abroad. Here I enlist details of five large Indian kidney or Nephrology hospitals including facilities, address, phone numbers, landmark or location for your easiness. Hope the object will be helpful for you in some way.
Some Interesting Facts about Your Kidneys
- Control blood pressure and produce red blood cells in your body.
- The waste products clean in form of urea, proteins metabolism, and uric acid
- Kidneys are supplied with renal arteries, and this blood is sent back to heart via renal veins
- Kidneys play an essential role in controlling the amount of fluid in the body.
- Rennin, a hormone produced by kidney regulates liquid and blood pressure.
- Balances the acid level in the body
- Kidneys eliminate the waste products thereby balance electrolytes in the human body
- Help in the distribution of electrolytes viz.
- Kidneys are located in the stomach on the backside, on each side of the back.
List of 5 Hospitals for Kidney Problems 2016 Rankings
1. All India College of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, Delhi)
AIIMS was built in 1956 for helping people and department for nephrology was in 1969. Individual financial assistance is provided to sick patients by the government as illness support funds. AIIMS is performing 3-4 transplants a week as per registered members for transplantation with a coming up period of 2-3 months.
Kidney transplantation in AIMS
Renal replacement treatment is advised to patients suffering from End stage kidney disease where patients cannot be cured with medical treatment. The patient’s family has to decide whether they are initiated with lifelong dialysis or kidney transplantation. The procedure of transplantation begins with register by the donor followed by laboratory test and blood group compatibility, physical test. A donor can be anybody it might be a family member. The cost of transplantation lies upon various factors.
Expected price of kidney transplantation in AIMS
- Post renal transplantation & medicines: Rs. 15,000/-per month
- Donor and recipient workup related to immunological testing: Rs 30,000/-
- Additional cost for induction therapy, CMV prophylaxis after transplant
- Hemodialysis & medicines: Rs 15000/- per month
- Surgical disposition at transplantation: Rs. 35,000/-
2. Fortis Hospital (Bangalore, Karnataka)
Fortis has a system with 12000-bed services across 75 hospitals. It got certified with JCI & NABH. Fortis provides proper healthcare with advanced treatments. Facilities to perform Tests like eager are available here. Many patients recovered after winning kidney transplantation from Fortis, which has agreed to them a better quality of life.
Fortis gives the best source of dialysis with well-equipped dialysis machines mutual with qualified, experienced doctors. Every dialysis method continues up to four hours and is performed every two- three weeks. Kidney transplant surgery is done for 4-5 hours. Another Dialysis is available with tariffs. Fortis gives kidney transplant package including certification fee and other miscellaneous expense which comes with the package.
3. Maniple Hospital (Bangalore, Karnataka)
Maniple hospital is one of the best hospitals for kidney treatment. Transplantation performed under the strict management of qualified and knowledgeable staff. Lots of foreign patients are satisfied with successful transplants at Maniple. This hospital has performed nearly 1000 kidney transplants and has done first cadaver transplant. Maniple hospital is famous Institute for Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy. Maniple hospital in Bangalore is a final destination for affordable health care with 600-bed services, fully air conditioned and is multi super field hospital in Karnataka.
It is ranked amongst top 5 of India’s most caring hospitals. Maniple Hospital offers a broad range of specialist services with most advanced medical technology, highly capable team of specialists and world-class nursing care.
Kidney Transplantation in Maniple Hospital
- Pre-Transplant work-up: 18 Days for the donor & recipient
- The length of stay in the Hospital: Recipient – 10-15 days | Donor- 7 Days.
- The Duration of stay exterior the Hospital (Recovery Stay): Receiver – 60 days Donor- 14-21 days.
4. Coimbatore Kidney Hospital/Centre
Coimbatore Kidney Hospital is ranked amongst the top and highly rated hospital in treating kidney and urinary area diseases. CKC has specialized over 18,000 haemo id dialysed and 200 kidney transplantation. Packages are prepared for surgical and health treatments; it includes the charges for Bed charges, OT, Professional Charges, Anesthesia Charges, Ventilation & ICU stay, Basic Investigations charges, Oxygen, General medications for beneficiary & donor, etc. Steroid Free Kidney Transplantation is the latest novelty from this hospital, and it is serving to avoid steroid-related complications in patients. They offer facilities for stone removal, kidney transplantation, haemodialysis, Transurethral Resections of the Prostrate (TURP), etc.
5. Christian Medical College, Vellore
Christian medical college provides excellent corrective action for nephrology functioning in two wings namely Nephrology I & Nephrology II. Pediatric nephrologists also undertake child Kidney Care Clinic. Offered facilities here include Hem dialysis, renal transplantation, peritoneal dialysis, biopsy, patient education, nephrology research, diagnostic tests, education, etc. Nephrology Department has a dialysis unit comprised of 40 hem dialysis machines, four exclusively used for ICU dialysis. Dialysis is undertaken by hem dialysis therapists and nurses under the strict supervision of a junior nephrologists and consultant nephrologists.
List of Top 5 Best Kidney Treatment Hospitals in India 2016 Rankings at a Glance
|1.||All India Institute of Medical Sciences||Delhi|
|2.||Coimbatore Kidney Hospital||No. 738 – B, Puliakulam Road, Near Ramnathapuram Bus Stop, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641045, India|
|4.||Christian Medical College||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|5.||Fortis Hospital||Bangalore, Karnataka|
[vision_content_box style=”blue-grey” title=”More Popular Universities : “]
- Top 10 Most Popular Universities in India 2015
- Top 5 Film Making and Television Colleges in India
- Top 10 Fashion Design Colleges in India
- Top 10 Best Colleges for Civil Engineering in India
- Top 10 Agricultural Universities in India
- Top 10 Chemical Engineering Universities in India
- Top 10 Colleges in India for Biotechnology
- Top 10 Distance Education Universities in India
- Top 10 Economics Colleges in India
- Top 5 Computer Science Colleges in India
- Top 10 Best Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in India
- Top 10 BBA Colleges in India 2016
- Top 10 Arts Colleges in India
- Top 10 Science Colleges in India
- Top 10 Universities in India For Commerce
- Top 10 MCA Universities in India 2016
- Top 10 Universities in India For MBA Distance Learning Program
- Top 10 Universities in India For Engineering
- Top 10 Universities in India 2016