Today, Genetics has got a significant importance all over the world. It is a known as one of the main branches of biological science with numerous sub-disciplines including the animal genetics, human genetics, plant genetics and so on. Human Genetics is referred to the scientific investigation of the inheritance and the inherited features in the human body while on the other hand, the animal genetics is the knowledge of inherited qualities in the animals. Similarly, the Plant Genetics is the knowledge of plant genes and its release from generation to the other generation. Further primary genetic branches hold molecular genetics and medical genetics. In Canada, the professional academic program that is related to the genetics is essentially carried at the faculties of the University of Guelph, University of British Columbia; the Memorial University of Newfoundland, University of Alberta; University of Manitoba; the McMaster University; the University of Toronto and the University of Ottawa. Below is the list of top 5 Genetics Universities in Canada as per 2016 rankings.
Best Genetics Universities in Canada as per 2016 Rankings
5. University of Toronto
Making the top 5 list, the University of Toronto is a famed public research educational body positioned in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is found in the area that is surrounding the Queen’s Park. If you want a degree in Genetics, the University of Toronto can be a great institute for you since it is an excellent point for a bachelor level degree in genetics discipline. Its Major programs comprise a BSc in Genetics, Behavior, and Neurobiology Professional program. Furthermore, it also offers a BSc program in Human Biology, Genetics, Genes, and Biotechnology. Molecular genetics claims to be another major genetics branch that is also a quickly growing study major.
4. Memorial University of Newfoundland
Founded in 1925, the Memorial University boasts to be an outstanding institute originally established in Labrador, Canada and St. John’s, Newfoundland. Its higher education degree programs include a degree in human genetics such as Ph.D. in medicine (human genetics), and MSc (Med) in medicine (human genetics) are open at its beautiful campus.
3. University of Manitoba
Formed in 1877, the University of Manitoba claims to be a top rated public institute positioned in the province of Manitoba, Canada. Situated in Winnipeg, it is a research-focused post-secondary institute. It is offering a BSc (honors) degree in genetics at bachelor level, the University of Manitoba also offers masters and doctoral degree programs in genetics. All the above-listed programs are also available in medical genetics and biochemistry majors. MSc in medical genetics and biochemistry, Ph.D. in medical genetics and biochemistry claim to be the best courses offered at the University of Manitoba.
2. The University of British Columbia
Featured on the 2nd spot, the University of British Columbia is typically famous as UBC that is a big public research educational body having the faculties and campuses in British Columbia, Canada. It is offering MSc in Medical Genetics, PhD in Genetics and Ph.D. in Medical Genetics that are open at all the campuses of the UBC.
1. University of Alberta
Getting the first spot in our ranking list, the University of Alberta is typically known as a public research educational body instituted in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was established by Henry Marshall Tory, (first president) and Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta in 1908. It is offering a Ph.D. program in genetics and molecular biology along with a Ph.D. Medical Genetics program.
List of Top 5 Genetics Universities in Canada 2016 Ranking
|1.||University of Alberta||
|2.||The University of British Columbia||
|3.||University of Manitoba||
|4.||Memorial University of Newfoundland||
|5.||University of Toronto||
[vision_content_box style=”cool-blue” title=”More Popular Universities : “]
- Top 10 Universities in Canada for Engineering
- Top 10 Film Universities for International Students
- Top 5 Universities in Canada For Economics
- Top 10 Medical Universities in Canada 2016
- Top 10 Design Universities and Colleges in Canada
- Top 5 Best Dental Universities in Canada
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada for Diploma
- Top 8 Best Universities for Criminology
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Creative Writing
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Biochemistry
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Masters in Biotechnology
- Top 10 Best Universities for Masters in Finance
- The Best Engineering Schools in Canada
- Top 10 Best Business Schools in Canada
- Top 5 Best Arts Colleges in Canada
- Top 10 Best Business Schools in Canada
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Astronomy & Space Sciences
- Top 10 Best Colleges for Computer Science in Canada
- List of top 10 Best Schools for Physical Therapy in Canada
- Top 10 Best College Fitness Centers
- Top 10 Best Schools for Gaming and Animation
- Top 10 Best Schools for Journalism in Canada
- Top 10 Colleges for Veterinary Science in Canada
- Top 10 Universities for Psychology in Canada
- Top 10 Best Aeronautical Universities in Canada
- List of Top Ten Best Agricultural Universities In Canada