Have you decided to get a degree in Canada? Do you love hectic and fast sports? Apart from the educational excellence of Canada and its attention-grabbing scenes, the Canadian Ice Hockey leagues may just be something that you’ve been searching for.
Canada, a “Big White North” is inter-infamous for its cold and snowy winters, so it appears as no wonder that its people have built a game which is ideally be fitted such as the cold climate circumstances. Apart from its standing as a national sport, hockey (as it’s just apprehended in Canada) is a major part of the social culture and Canadian life. If you love sports offered at an amazingly efficient and frenetic rate, then playing hockey is a must for you and will let you engage yourself in this central point of Canadian society and life. In this article, we have ranked the top 5 universities in Canada for ice hockey based on 2016 rankings.
1. Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario
Founded in 1960, Laurentian University is a mid-sized bilingual university settled in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Sudbury claims to be one of the major and most attractive student destinations in Canada. The local Laurentian University is given the 10th spot in the best Canadian universities as per Maclean’s Magazine’s 2015 ranking. The Laurentian University holds a great employment rate in Ontario – 92% of its students get a job within six months after completing their graduating.
It has the hockey teams both for the women and men, while both the teams are exploring fresh and energetic players. Laurentian is trying to get a great victory after a bumpy period, so wait for a hard competition. Sudbury (Ontario), home of the Laurentian University Voyagers, is recognized as the greatest city positioned in Northern Ontario. Covering around 200 kilometers northwest of Lake Huron, the Sudbury region claims to be the home of more than 300 beautiful lakes. Here students can find all the facilities of a great city between the desert backdrop of Northern Ontario’s beautiful view. Students of Laurentian University are also invited to take part in the drop-in hockey at eight different grounds throughout Sudbury, containing Toe Blake Memorial Arena and Cambrian Arena
2. Mount Allison University in Sackville, New Brunswick
Getting the next spot in our ranking list, the Mount Allison University is a very famous undergraduate Canadian liberal arts and science educational body positioned in Sackville, New Brunswick. No doubt, the Mount Allison is the small sized university; however, it has been ranked 1st in the “primarily undergraduate” level for 17 of the past 23 years as per Maclean’s Magazine. It is an ideal university that has made over 52 Rhodes Scholars – it is more than any other institute in either of the Commonwealth countries. Students of MAU are allowed to apply for the Mount Allison Mounties hockey team. It’s women hockey team played in the season finals two times during the last three years.
Sackville, New Brunswick claims to be the home of over 5,000 people in the southeastern area of New Brunswick, adjacent to the Nova Scotia border. It is encircled by many ridges and marshes together with a broad range of lakes, rivers and bogs nearby. Furthermore, the town also claims to be the home of Sackville Storm, a Junior B team that fights in a provincial group.
3. Trinity Western University in Langley, British Columbia
Mostly known as TWU, the Trinity Western University claims to be the third best and highly rated ice hockey university positioned in Langley, British Columbia that is a very favorite city in the lower mainland that allows an extensive range of sports choices for the lovers of ice hockey. TWU has won an A+ “Quality of Teaching and Learning” rank from The Globe and Mail every year for the previous seven years. Furthermore, the university is also famous because of its education, business, and nursing programs. A wide range of TWU alumni has trailed numerous careers in Canadian politics. TWU has the Both, men and women hockey teams for students – the Titans for girls while the Spartans for male students. The Boys hockey team has won two provincial level competitions since 2003.
List of Top 5 Universities in Canada for Ice Hockey 2016 Ranking
|1.||Laurentian University in Sudbury||Ontario|
|2.||Mount Allison University in Sackville||New Brunswick|
|3.||Trinity Western University in Langley||British Columbia|
|4.||McGill University in Montreal||Quebec|
|5.||The University of Calgary||Alberta|
[vision_content_box style=”cool-blue” title=”More Popular Universities : “]
- Top 10 Universities in Canada for Engineering
- Top 10 Film Universities for International Students
- Top 5 Universities in Canada For Economics
- Top 10 Medical Universities in Canada 2016
- Top 10 Design Universities and Colleges in Canada
- Top 5 Best Dental Universities in Canada
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada for Diploma
- Top 8 Best Universities for Criminology
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Creative Writing
- Top 10 Universities in Canada For Biochemistry
- Top 10 Canadian Universities For Masters in Biotechnology
- Top 10 Best Universities for Masters in Finance
- The Best Engineering Schools in Canada
- Top 10 Best Business Schools in Canada
- Top 5 Best Arts Colleges in Canada
- Top 10 Best Business Schools in Canada
- Top 10 Canadian Universities For Astronomy & Space Sciences
- Top 10 Best Colleges for Computer Science
- List of top 10 Best Canadian Schools for Physical Therapy
- Top 10 Best College Fitness Centers
- Top 10 Best Schools for Gaming and Animation
- Top 10 Best Schools for Journalism
- Top 10 Colleges for Veterinary Science